10 Simple Tips to Keep Your Parquet Floor Sanding Beautiful for Life
Parquet floors are most beautiful of the lot. They are made in beautiful patterns and if maintained, they can really keep your house charming. From time to time they need sanding to bring the new layer out and get rid of the older top surface. The sanding will last for long if the floor is taken care of. Here are some tips
Caring for the surface
- Avoid furniture movement on the floor. This reduces the amount of scratching the floor undergoes. Kids should be taught not to drag their things across the floor.
- Damage caused to one area should be immediately rectified to localise it. This will prevent further damage and keep the good looks intact.
- The surface cleaning material should be approved for parquet floors. You should use material that is suggested by your sanding expert.
- The varnish should be compliant with the surface.
- Using mob, brushes and other accessories which do not scratch the surface.
Your floors require professional care regularly. You should hence consult experts
- Floor sanding should be done professionally and according to room specifications.
- Surface varnishing and staining should suit the room.
- Sanding should be done only when required. Excessive sanding can scratch the floors.
- Floor sanding should be carried out by experts with good equipment, for the best results.