Hardwood Floors Sanding – 10 Most Important Benefit
Sanding is the process of making the wood floor even and smooth. The benefits of sanding can be classified as aesthetic and functional.
Aesthetic benefits – Like what you see
- The floor looks vibrant as the newer layer from the bottom is brought up by scrapping the older layer on the top. A new layer also absorbs varnish or stain better. Therefore it looks fresh.
- Looks cleaner. Some stains on the wooden floors are hard to remove. Scratches and dents to the floor almost always warrant sanding. Hence a sanded floor looks cleaner.
- Enhances the look and feel of the room. Floor which has been sanded and stained will make the room look much better than it did earlier. This also has an effect on the lighting. The light is better dispersed and results in better ambiance. It goes without saying that good ambiance makes the room feel good.
- It feels a good. A sanded floor feels just as smooth as it looks good.
- It permits staining, which does not allow the surface of the floor to sustain damage.
- The floor is more even. Hence placement of furniture or other objects is balanced.
- There is less resistance to movement.
- Since the floor is even, there is less scope for dust collection and settlements.
- Cleaning becomes easier. The floor remains clean for long.
- Floor sanding usually follows floor fixing. Hence it ensures safety.