Sanding Floor Boards essentials tips That Work Wonders
Floor sanding really works wonders. A wooden floor is a big asset to the house and often boosts the value of the house. One of the easiest things one can do to improve the look and the feel of living in a house with wooden floor is floor sanding. There are several things that need to be considered when sanding floor boards and those who intend to do it themselves need to understand they must know what they are doing, before they can begin.
Tips regarding floor preparation
- It is better to let an expert determine the state of the floor
- Punch all nails 3 mm below at least
- Different stains need different types of treatment.
- Be prepared to change sand papers frequently
Tips during the sanding
- Start with a low visibility area so that you can get a hang of the machine without compromising the look of the floor.
- Do not start or stop the sanding machine when sand paper is in contact with the floor
- Grouse marks are often due to worn out sand papers. The first indication means that you need to change the paper