Simple Tips to Keep Your Floor Sanding Beautiful For Life
Your wooden floor is an asset. Several houses, where maintenance is the norm, care for wooden floors is regularly done and hence the houses looks much better than houses which do not maintain the floor. One of the most important aspects of floor sanding is it removes the worn out top layer and facilitates another layer to be laid.
Tips for maintenance
- Use only certified floor cleaners
- Care for the floor by not dragging furniture across it.
- Your floor takes a good bit of wear naturally. By maintaining the right temperature at home, you can add to its life.
Tips for restoration
- Consult experts when you think about restoration
- It is better to have an expert do the restoration rather than using DIY kits.
- If you are sanding your floor yourself, make sure that you start with low light sections to familiarize yourself with the process.
- It is better to start with 40 grit paper.
- Make sure that you do not move anything on the floor for at least 4 days.
- Clear your room as sanding can cause dusting.
- Use a well fenced sanding machine. This will restrict the sanding to a well defined area.